[BKARTS] single sheets=glued spreads?

I have a number of design student clients who come to me with folded single
sheets, printed one side, glued to folded single sheets, glued to folded
single sheets........
forming a book block that opens beautifully....once.
I have tried a number of binding options, some more successful than others,
but the books do become slanted out toward the foredge.  The best solution is
to read the book both forwards than backwards, turning the pages, fully
opening, all the way to the beginning, but alas, it is a bit much to ask.
Any thoughts on the subjest?
Alice Vaughan