[BKARTS] Illuminating the Bible

James G. Pepper
Biblical Scribe
Subject: Illuminating the Bible.
       For the past 15 years I have been making an illuminated manuscript of
the Bible.  I finished my New Testament 5 years before Saint John's started
their Bible and I should be done with the whole Bible before them. It will be
close, they outnumber me and are using modern technology. I have a website
that explains what I am doing and has JPEGs of some of the pages at:
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm";>http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm</A>
This website was placed on the Tyndale House website for the Divinity
Students at Cambridge, because of the extensive links for illuminated
manuscripts on the web. I update it often and it may be of interest.
       I am making this entirely by hand with no computers or printing
technology, all by myself.  Saint John's uses computers to design their bible
and then they copy the computer image using the traditional techniques for a
13th century manuscript. Pages of my bible were on display last year and the
year before in Florence Italy at the City and the Book Congresses. In March
of 2002 I received a blessing from His Holiness John Paul II, which is
unusual because my bible is the KJV and I am a Protestant. He knows this. I
have been blessed by the Archbishop of York and in 1997 I received a Bible
from the Archbishop of Canterbury to correct the Bible to the proper text.
Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent gave a letter I had written to
the Archbishop of Canterbury at a State Banquet at Windsor Castle in February
of 2000.
       Right now I am in the Old Testament making each book in a different
manuscript style from many different ages; Why not? Also I have started a new
set of Gospels.  I believe the Old Testament will be around 2000 pages in
length.  The New Testament is 677 pages with hundreds of drawings.
       If you have any questions please respond.  This is my first posting
here.

Sincerely,

James G. Pepper
Biblical Scribe