Re: [BKARTS] Illuminated Manuscript

James G. Pepper
Biblical Scribe
Subject: Re: Illuminated Manuscript

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm";>http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm</A>
       Try my URL a few times, it is an AOL site and therefore has many bugs
to it.  It can be accessed using Netscape.  If you are having trouble with
frames this might work:
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm?mtbrand=AOL_US";>http://members.aol.
com/_ht_a/biblescribe1/biblescribe1/index.htm?mtbrand=AOL_US</A>
And <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1";>http://hometown.aol.com/biblescribe1</A>
may work also.
       My bible is made on paper as I cannot afford vellum and it would take
a lot of vellum to make this Bible. As far as writing straight, that comes
with experience.  My site has a whole lot of information on how I am doing it
and the press coverage. There is one image on the main page that I cannot
seem to get to show, so don't worry about it.  I have no idea why it does not
work, I have reloaded it many times.  The links pages also contain images of
the bible.
     I have access a wonderful theological library that contains most of the
early printed Bibles.  It is the Bridwell Library in Dallas Texas and is one
of the best in the world.  Of course I have seen Siniaticus and the
Lindesfarne Gospels in London and a few interesting manuscripts in Paris, and
I lived in New York and saw the great manuscripts there in the Met and
elsewhere, but the Bridwell has an amazing collection. Bridwell has an
original Authorized Version of the Bible from 1611, the only other place that
has one is Oxford.  They have one of three Tyndale New Testaments in the
world and they have two papyri that are the oldest texts of certain books of
the New Testament in the world.  One is the Book of Romans, Papyrus 26 and I
can't remember the other.  They have two Gutenberg bibles and other Bibles
that succeeded them, Martin Luther's Bible, Cranmer's Bible the Great Bible
of 1540, the Complutensian Polyglot, a Bomberg Bible, Erasmus's New Testament
but he called it by another name, Matthew's Bible, and many different
printings of Coverdale's Bibles, and illuminated Psalters and manuscripts
going back through the 12th century including some of the Wycliffe Bibles.  I
am using the Coverdale Bible to illuminate the Psalter using its text, from
the 1539-40 version on the right column of text with the Authorized KJV on
the left column of text.  A polyglot. The Coverdale Psalter is the source of
the hymns used in the bibles and the Psalter is used in the Book of Common
prayer to this day.  The original Coverdale Bible was printed in Old English
which was a typeface used in Germany in 1536 but the 1539-40 version is in
modern English and is what people sing in church. Handel used it to write the
Messiah.

       So keep trying on my website and it will load.  I was able to load
things using Internet Explorer just a few minutes ago, so I think it might be
a network problem.

Sincerely,

James G. Pepper
Biblical Scribe.