Re: [BKARTS] pasted chip board

Pasted chip board, also called linned or laminated chip, is
two or three sheets of chip pasted one on top of the other,
much like pasted bristol. The product is noted for its rigidity
and low cost compared to regular binders' board of the same
thickness. It also punches and diecuts more easily than binders
board, not having ot's density. But be warrened, it is abrasive
and dulls knives quickly.

MayKitten
--- sternandfaye <flywheel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear List
>
> This is my second request for information about pasted chip
> board. Someone
> must have an opinion about it's use for case binding. I've used
> solid chip
> board for years, but suddenly my supplier is no longer carrying
> it, instead
> substituting this pasted (i.e., laminated) chip board. Should I
> avoid it, or
> is it OK? I'd sure appreciate any info anyone can give me.
>
> Thanks again
> Chris Stern
> Grey Spider Press
> AKA Stern & Faye Printers