[BKARTS] Upcoming classes at the Papertrail, Waterloo, Ontario

Sorry for the short notice on these, but we just wanted to tell you about
the classes being held this month at the Papertrail.

Introductory Western Papermaking
6 hours split across 2 evenings, Tuesday Jan. 21st, 6:30 - 9:30pm &
Thursday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30 - 9:30pm
$76 including GST & materials
Handmade paper is both an artform and a craft. Starting with commercially
available dry pulp, you will learn how to form your paper sheets. We will
also show you how to couch, press and dry your paper. Other topics include
the effect of additional beating, formation aids, sizing, pigments,
retention agents, and decorative additives.

Introductory Western Marbling
Full day, Saturday Jan. 25th, 9:00am - 4:00pm with one hour lunch break
$65 including GST & materials
Marbling is an ancient technique for decorating paper. You may have seen
western-style marbling as swirls of colour in the endpapers of older books,
or more recently on one series of Kleenex boxes! This course covers
western-style marbling on paper. You will be taught basic techniques using
acrylic paints on methocel, along with over twenty classic patterns of
western marbling, plus several special methods for further enhancing your
designs. Other materials and media will also be discussed.

All classes will be held at our store at 135 Lexington Court, Unit 4, in
Waterloo. We can accept student bookings up to the day before the class, but
as class sizes are limited to 8 you should arrange early to reserve your
spot.

For more information or to enroll, contact us at (519)884-7123 or send
e-mail to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Kevin Martin
 the Papertrail