[BKARTS] Exhibitions

In case any of you plan to be in Eastern Oregon this February (hey, it could
happen) there are exhibitions of artists' books to view at two large
galleries as well as outreach events with everything from the Historical
Society ("The History of the Book") to the Children's Museum (Make your own
book!)

January 21, Opening reception for "Roberta Lavadour: FIBER/PAPER/PAGE"
featuring new work funded in part by a 2002 Oregon Arts Commission
Individual Artist Fellowship Grant. Open til March 1 at the Pendleton Center
for the Arts gallery. PCA is located in a beautifully renovated Carnegie
Library building, situated on the river in downtown Pendeton.

February 3, Opening reception for "A World of Artist's Books", a vast
collection of work by beginning, emerging and established book artists
representing Australia, New Zeland, South Africa, and points from across the
U.S. at the Betty Feves Memorial Gallery at Blue Mountain Community College.
Runs through March 1.

We were lucky to borrow several pieces from Ambar Past and Taller Leñateros,
and to echo Ed's comments, their work is stunning and carries with it an
incredible energy, whether you read spanish or not. $100 is a steal.

Both exhibitions will have on-line counterparts by the middle of February
and I will post a link when they are up and running. Catalogs for "A World
of Artist's Books" will be available for sale on-line.

We tried to come up with every way possible to generage interest and engage
the staff, students and general public with the artist's book and after the
dust settles, I'll be posting a list of ideas and events that others might
be able to build on in planning future exhibits.

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon
paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx