Re: [BKARTS] printing picture book

Kevin,

When using images in books, particulalry if they are colour, I tend
to favour using the local copy shop. With a good quality colour
photocopier they can usually print straight from disc onto good
quality paper. I can?t vouvh for how long these will last but I?ve
also used them for chapbook covers which have had quite a bit of
handling and they show little sign of wear. For a one off book it
wouldn?t be very expensive.

I hope this helps

Verian.

Comrades Press

http://www.comrade.org.uk/Press/

 Kevin Driedger <ksdriedger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Greeting,

I've been asked to create (layout/print/bind/box) a book which will consist
largely of digital images. I've done several books before but they've been
all-text and I've printed them on my inkjet. I've been satisfied with the
result on my older Epson, being aware of some of the instabilities inherent
in an inkjet documet.

With this book I'm hoping for a more "archival" or stable product. This will
be a relatively short book with only one copy being produced and money is
not really an issue. I'm not about to buy a wonderful new printer but I am
willing to pay what it costs to have it printed well.

What advice does the communal wisdom have for me? How would you tackle such
a commission?

Kevin Driedger
Lansing, Michigan