Re: [BKARTS] printing picture book-EPSON Stylus Photo 2200

OUTSOURCING VS BUYING PRINTER
The quotes I've gotten for printing high resolution color pages one at a
time from disk were generally expensive. If your book is digital then
photocopying from a master does not produce as good quality. Many newer
color photocopy machines can print from disk but shops generally charge more
than if photocopying due to the computer processing time and incompatible
computer formats. Depending on how many pages you are printing sometimes it
is worth buying the printer.

INKJET VS LASER
According to people I have talked to recently and magazine articles I read,
high quality inkjets provide better picture quality than laser printers when
using glossy inkjet paper.

EPSON Stylus Photo 2200
I saw the EPSON Stylus Photo 2200 demonstrated at a local digital
photography show recently. Wow. Delivers archival quality printing with
lightfast rating of 75 years (under glass I've been told, and inside a book
would be better) using archival pigment inks. I don't think you can go much
more archival than this. Uses 7 shades of ink in separate ink cartridges and
prints at a very high resolution. Prints at up to 13 x 44 inches which
allows large format sewn books. Even prints on flat 1.3 mm or 0.050 inches
thick board or foam backed paper. Sells for US$699 on the Epson site and
maybe less elsewhere. For full details see http://www.epson.com. If you
don't want to buy one of these printers perhaps a graphics print shop
already owns one and will do the job for you.

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
E-mail: ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "Websearching"