Re: [BKARTS] printing picture book

Kevin,

You might look into "Giclee" printing. It is basically a high-end
digital ink
jet printing method using archival inks on a variety of papers. Most of
the
digital service bureaus here in Denver do some variation of it, you
might
check with your locals. The best thing for book artists is that it can
print
on large sheets of paper (up to 40") which means that you can create
backed-up
signatures that you can simply cut and
fold. It is mostly used by fine artists to create inexpensive,
on-demand,
edition work. Excellent quality, excellent archival results and not
terribly
expensive.

Laura

<<<<<<<<<  With this book I'm hoping for a more "archival" or stable
product.
This will
be a relatively short book with only one copy being produced and money
is
not really an issue. I'm not about to buy a wonderful new printer but I
am
willing to pay what it costs to have it printed well.

What advice does the communal wisdom have for me? How would you tackle
such
a commission?

Kevin Driedger
Lansing, Michigan>>>>>>>>