Re: [BKARTS] printing picture book

Kevin,

You might look into "Giclee" printing. It is basically a high-end
digital ink jet printing method using archival inks on a variety of
papers. Most of the digital service bureaus here in Denver do some
variation of it, you might check with your locals. The best thing for
book artists is that it can print on large sheets of paper (up to 40")
which means that you can create backed-up
signatures that you can simply cut and fold. It is mostly used by fine
artists to create inexpensive, on-demand, edition work. Excellent
quality, excellent archival results and not terribly
expensive.

Laura

<<<<<<<<<  With this book I'm hoping for a more "archival" or stable
product.This will be a relatively short book with only one copy being
produced and money is not really an issue. I'm not about to buy a
wonderful new printer but I am willing to pay what it costs to have it
printed well.

What advice does the communal wisdom have for me? How would you tackle
such a commission?

Kevin Driedger
Lansing, Michigan>>>>>>>>