[BKARTS] Conservationist

I have a student in a two year Graphic Design program that is interested in
the field of conservation. She is planning to transfer to a four year
program in Art History at the end of the semester. I suggested to her that
there is more to conservation work than just painting and that she may want
to look into the book arts and libraries. She was interested, and not being
my field, would anyone on the list like to make suggestions to her in
schools, a typical path one would follow for such work, or a description of
what one would do in a position of a conservationist would also be helpful.

Thank you
Chris Ingersoll
St. Clair County Community College
Communication Design Program