[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [BKARTS] Conservationist

Your student can contact the American Institute for Conservation (AIC)
at :
1717 K Street, N.W., Suite 20
Washington, D.C. 20006

for a brochure listing programs in the US.  There are also programs in
Canada and England that might be of interest as well. As far as 'typical
path' there is the apprenticeship route and the grad school route- the
sides are clearly, and often vocally drawn over which is best.
Typically though, people specialize in focused field such as easel
paintings, paper objects, furniture, scultpture, etc.

-as a final note, the term for the occupation is 'Conservator'-
Conservationists are those folks dealing with rainforests, and spotted
owls and such.

Doug Sanders

            BOOK_ARTS-L: The listserv for all the book arts.
      For subscription information, the Archive, and other related
            resources and links go to the Book_Arts-L FAQ at:

        Archive maintained and suppported by Conservation OnLine

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]