[BKARTS] odd things that one finds in a book

Hello.

I have been taking bookbinding classes for almost two years now. I have
been braving repairs to books that are "old" to me, but not really so
old by comparison to what I find in these discussions.  I have been
finding odd materials used within the structures, which my teacher has
explained (but I am still curious about).   For example, someone snipped
a spine piece from a box of Cheerios.   Would some of you please relate
your odd finds ?

thanks,
Leslie