Re: [BKARTS] odd things that one finds in a book

LOL i know what they mean! I have an unbelievably bad
condition copy of the second edition of Wenzel's Menu
Maker -- eight pounds of the best cookbook ever
published. I had a first edition I dearly loved, but I
had it stolen while I was cooking as a guest chef at a
christian church. (Southern Baptist I believe.)

MayKitten

--- Betty Storz <storz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Beloved cookbooks usually have recipe clippings,
> margin notes and batter,
> sauces and gravy stains near favorite recipes. I put
> the clippings in
> baggies but make no effort to remove the food
> remnants or handwritten notes.
> That's what identify the cookbook as the owner's
> friend. I have suggested to
> people who bring me a falling-apart Joy of Cooking
> that they could buy a new
> or duplicate used one for far less than repairing it
> would cost. The answer
> is always, "Then it wouldn't be MY old book."

=====
Pagan, Pagan, what are you finding?

>From the book, Charge of the Goddess
BY: Doreen Valiente