[BKARTS] chemical names

Well, as a person with a chemistry degree, I guess I'll throw
in my two or three cents worth now.  Chemicals are named according
to a devised nomenclature, now 'governed' by IUPAC. It has changed
over the years, and chemical names in common use are often different
in different countries. The defining 'name' of a chemical is it's
registry number, RN. Even the chemical formula could be the same
for 20 different structures.  SO, without a Registry Number, we
can't know for sure what this N, N, dimethyl compound is, and
since the bottle doesn't have this RN on it (it's been around for
some time) we can just do educated guessing if they are the same
solvent.  So, even though I am a spelling and grammar freak, I
can see lots of confusion in chemical names... Hope this helps
settle this question!   Thanks for reading.  Teri Lynn Herbert
Medical Univ. of South Carolina, Charleston SC