Re: [BKARTS] Deacidification, etc.

Doug,

I do not intentionally wash out the sizing.  Albeit, some is lost when stains
are washed out. Even more is lost on bleaching. Rather than leave the sheet
in an obviously weakened condition, I resize. There are several that I use.
Natural gelatin, methylcellulose, hydroxypropylcellulose, fish glue and EVA.
The EVA is used only in twentieth century sulfite that is showing
embrittlement.

Regards,
Ed Stansell