Re: [BKARTS] Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding area Book Arts

If anyone has information about book art collections, exhibits, anything
that is available for visiting in the Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas,
please let me know.

Jennifer and other Florida-Bound Travelers (there must be more of you; it's January, after all):

You'll find the Bienes Center for the Literary Arts at the Broward County
Main Library in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Their focus, as far as the book
arts go, is on Florida Book Arts, I believe.

The Jaffe Book Arts Collection is located at Florida Atlantic University's
Wimberly Library, about a half hour's drive north of Fort Lauderdale, maybe
less. This is the "paying job" where I spend my days. The collection holds
about 4000 volumes of artists' books and limited edition books and
reference materials on the book arts. It's a great place to visit and we'll
make you very welcome.

You're also free to visit the press that I am a part of: Red Wagon
Bookworks, in downtown Lake Worth, another half hour or so drive north of
FAU. We always enjoy meeting other printers/binders/etc. Both Jaffe and Red
Wagon are open by appointment, and sometimes by chance. I'd go with the
appointment method.

Best,
John
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida (where even we have the heat on today)
http://www.redwagonbookworks.com