Re: [BKARTS] Deacidification, etc.

In a message dated 1/24/03 16!36!04pm, kennardz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I wanted to know if it is
possible to age paper quickly by exposing it to something acidic? I am
working on a specific project that requires a look of vintage, yellowed,
text weight paper  >>

Any paper can be tinted, colored, speckled, antiqued, aged, etc. without
harming the paper. Simply consider applying dyes or pigments in a variety of
ways to achieve the desired affect. We do it all the time when we need a new
paper to be sympathetic with the text, such as in a new binding where new
endsheets are being used next to old/stained text.
Bill Minter