Date:    Fri, 24 Jan 2003 02:21:43 EST
From:    Jen Hogben <Jennyhogben@xxxxxxx>
Subject: File format for colour photocopy

Hi,
Could anyone please help with this problem:  I'm new to artists'
books, and
am experimenting with a variety of techniques.  It's proving to be
very time
consuming, and I'd like to scan the finished pages into the computer
and save
to disc for reproducing on a colour photocopier.  The local printers
suggested scanning images at 400 dpi but there is some disagreement
over the
type of file - JPEG, bitmap, or is there a better format?   Also, is
400 dpi
a high enough resolution for a photocopier?
I've searched the archives, but can't find anything on this subject,
though
it's probably been discussed before,
Thanks,
Jen