Re: [BKARTS] Glue Help

I've made some hard back books and found that PVA really isn't
satisfactory as it tends to warp the pages. I was wondering if anybody
could suggest something better that I might use in its place, it would
also be very useful if it was available in the UK.

Many thanks

Verian

Verian,

If it's the pages of the text block that are cockling, what you need is to
insert some sort of barrier between the text block and the wet pastedown.
You should have wastepaper inserted to absorb the moisture of the PVA, then
a barrier such as mylar or wax paper separating the wastepaper from the
rest of your book. Be sure to change the wastepaper at least once while
drying, too.

John Cutrone
Red Wagon Bookworks
Lake Worth, Florida