Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 25 Jan 2003 to 26 Jan 2003 (#2003-27)

There is an international organization for art librarians, the North America
group (and it is huge) is called ARLIS/NA. They have a big conference each
year in a different city, I think this year it is in March in Baltimore. It
is expensive to go to but I learned a lot about how and what and who in
libraries bought books. They have a web site at: www.arlisna.org/

In a message dated 1/27/03 5:03:00 AM, LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Dear list,
>We all struggle to make a living with our art. As book artists, the venues
>are more limited than most. I was wondering if there are any suggestions
>out
>there where artists can present and sell their works to prospective
>collectors. Aside from Pyramid Atlantic and Oak Knoll, does anyone know
>of
>professional conventions that are geared for University libraries, Museums,
>bibliophiles, commercial publishers?

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,