Re: [BKARTS] Unbinding the Book information

On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 10:11 PM, Kris Haff wrote:

Just so I can make sure to avoid it, what was the font?

This is a problem that is common when moving to a new machine (even if there is no corruption), especially cross platform moves. It's one of the reasons I am increasingly happy with PDFs (with embedded fonts). Solution: take your font, install it on the output system. Different manufactures fonts with the same names may not be identical in all respects.

I've had excellent results with PDFs stabilizing cross platform files.
I am just finishing an edition of 5 real estate portfolios (mexican
properties). The files were done in PowerPoint on a windows machine and
I'm outputting on a Mac. Often a catastrophe for punctuation and
accented characters. PDFs saved the day!

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: stitchbyhand