Re: [BKARTS]

Dorothy and Ed,
How would the skinny signatures keep the swell out of the spine when
it adds so much to the amount of thread in the signatures?
I realize that they sewed two-on or even three-on, but
I've seen plenty of swell even then.  I believe the
printers did not think of the finished binding or binding
problems because they did not do the whole job, just
printing.  I wonder if it had something to do with
paper page sizes?

Dorothy, when was the change-over to thicker signatures?
Can it be linked to paper production of larger sized sheets
of paper?

Jane Brown
Charleston, SC

--On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 2:51 PM -0500 Edward Stansell