Re: [BKARTS] Skinny Sigs -#2

If you are printing 4 pages at a time and want to save paper, print 4 pages (p
1, 4, 9, 12), and back them up with different content (p 2, 11, 3, 10). Then
impose four pages (p 5, 6, 7, 8) so that when the paper is printed on the
back, using the same form, the sheet can be cut in half, with the same content
on each of the halves.
Rupert

> I have a question that follows
>the same line:
>Obviously, most (some?) books are printed on a larger sheet that is folded,
>once, twice, three times, etc. -- Folio, Quarto, Octavo, etc. My question
>relates to a book that has ONLY three sheets (12 pages) in a signature. Why
>would the printer have the bookbinder insert (or remove) one of the sheets
>from the imposed layout? The book in question is 1840, Philadelphia.
>Thanks,
>Bill Minter
>
>William Minter Bookbinding & Conservation, Inc.
>4364 Woodbury Pike
>Woodbury, PA   16695
>814-793-4020
>fax 814-793-4045

Rupert N. Evans
May 1-October 31: 101 W Windsor Rd. #4107, Urbana, IL 61802-6697;
217-337-7833
November 1-April 30: 501-391 S LaPosada Circle, Green Valley, AZ 85614; 520-648-8365
Author of Book-On-Demand Publishing
I love to print and bind books