Re: [BKARTS] Curators and Collectors [Commercial Notice]

on 1/30/03 10:37 AM, bobbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What do you mean by "published by subscription"?

Each copy will be individually printed on a laser printer. Buyers will
subscribe to the edition by placing a deposit, then receive their copies
dated, numbered and personally endorsed in the order the subscriptions
arrived. This will enable me to keep the price down, as I will get my
production costs in advance. We are thinking about cutting the subscriptions
off at a maximum of 150 -- God willing we get that many.

I need the seed money to get some stuff such as a paper cutter and book
press, as I am now making dummies on my kitchen table, using alligator
clamps and the like and then taking them to a print shop to trim. When I
looked at Ken Lopez's page and saw the prices he gets for author's proofs
and manuscripts, I thought that my artifacts could have quite a bit of
value, too, some day, and why not try to get a little of it now while I am
still alive.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501 Cancun Q. Roo Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com

For free and ample discussion of issues in the news subscribe to Newsroom-L