[BKARTS] Water stains

I not so cleverly introduced a small lovely brown-ringed stain to
several pages of a 1700's theological book I was rebinding. (While
wetting pastedowns, several drops of water ran up the inner joint
and penetrated the page edges in front of the headband.) Short of
immersing the whole leaf, any ideas of lightening the tide line?

Sad Bob