[BKARTS] Water Stains

I not so cleverly added a small brown-ringed water stain to several
leaves of a 1700's theological book I was working on. (While wetting
pastedowns, several drops ran down the inner joint and onto the page
edges in front of the headband.) Short of immersing the leaves, any
tips on how to lighten/disperse that tide line?

Sad Bob