Re: [BKARTS] How to Repair a book but save the pastedowns?

Ann,

Having had the same problem (with the same cookbook and other
books), I got around the problem without disturbing the pasties by
cleaning off the spine, sawing slots across the back of the book and
gluing in linen threads which I splayed out between and under the
pasted in notes.  I use thin aluminum sheets with ferrotype polish
(very thin oil) on them to keep the sheets from sticking to the
glued ends of the threads.  They show but it is more important to
save the notes and added articles.

Carl