[BKARTS] McVellum

I'm not clear if Rick Cavasin has actually stopped manufacturing
vellum, or simply stopped producing it for a large market. One thing
I appreciated about Rick - he worked more closely to a Medieval
manner than any other manufacturer I know. We used to joke that I
should hide some of the skins he had agreed to sell to me me - they
were too close to the real thing, too far from the sanitized version
most customers expects.

I can only hope some other enterprising soul will take up where Rick
left off.

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com