[BKARTS] McNuggets of Truth

>Subject: Re: [BKARTS] McVellum
>From: "Vaughan, Alice" <Ahv53@xxxxxxx>
>There is, in the Netherlands, Henk De Groot, Inden Witten Hasewint.  I am not
>an expert on vellum, but I believe his vellums are very good.

Yes, they are. There are excellent skins coming from Holland,
England, France, Italy, the USA, Spain, Israel, and probably a few
other places as well. Just that I wish there were more people
focusing on the archeological aspects. Perhaps it's our own sense of
what is "excellence" that needs rethinking - I'm speaking more as an
art critic here than as an expert on vellum.

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the techniques of the medieval scribe