Re: [BKARTS] Books left in the cold

BOOKS WARPING
I was hoping someone with direct experience on this issue would surface.
Thanks Winston. I know how cold it can get in northern Alberta Canada as I
was born in Grande Prairie Alberta on a day in January when it was minus 50
deg F. Perhaps this bit of knowledge should also be applied to books in
other than boxed condition such as:

   1. Books shipped in the mail. If we ship single books in simple cardboard
containers which are often not totally sealed, without plastic wrapping, in
the dead of winter, the customer could end up with a warped book? The book
suddenly heats up as it comes in to the post office or house.
   2. Books taken from the house or library and left in a cold car during
the day, then taken indoors.
   3. Books in vacant houses or vacation property. If the house is left
without heat on and the owners return for some cross country skiing in
winter and warm up the house suddenly.

Does anyone know how much of a problem this is?

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
E-mail: ben@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "Energy Science Made Simple"