Re: [BKARTS] Digital artists books - suggestions

on 2/23/03 7:01 PM, SWood@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am in need of new examples of artists books that can be viewed online - not
> examples where a single spread is displayed but the kind where there is an
> attempt to reproduce the sequential or page turning quality of a book in an
> online format.

Try "Mad Laughter" at http://www.cafecancun.com/download/spreads.pdf. It's a
12.5 mb file. I made this in order to enable others to either print out the
book or view it onscreen. It wasn't designed for online viewing, but I might
do that next, breaking it into more easily downloaded sections with
low-resolution graphics, and a more screen-friendly format.

If you do go to the trouble to download the book, please also look at
http://www.cafecancun.com/download/technotes.pdf for some background on why
this is bookart when it looks like a standard trade paperback. The cover is
at http://www.cafecancun.com/download/cover.pdf