Re: [BKARTS] [Re] Poetry

I have used Project Gutenberg extensively for my books. Generally, I
download the "plain vanilla" ASCI texts, import them into a word processor
(WordPerfect), and edit and prepare them for importation into PageMaker or
InDesign. It doesn't take too long after you've "gotten the hang of it."
Many times I have found that extensive editing must be performed not only
on the double spaces, but also hyphenated words and italics, usually
written out in all caps. In the case of full length books, they are saved
chapter by chapter and if a play (e.g. Shakespeare) by scene. This makes
formatting in InDesign much simpler.

Ted Smolen
tsmolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.

find (command f) feature to first remove all double spaces & replace with 1
space, replace end of paragraph with one space, then find all double spaces
and change to return and tab. This way you can flow the text through
> signatures without looking for every unnecessary return.
> Val
>
> Norm Fenlason wrote:
>
> > Regarding the Gutenberg Project, the format of the texts is
problematic. I heartily endorse their efforts, but raw text files can be
difficult to get into a "reader". I recommend a site that provides public
domain texts formatted for computer readers. The site is:

> > www.blackmask.com
> >
> > David Moynihan's site has a search engine for specific authors/pieces
and is organized topically. One of the topics is for younger readers. He
even has foreign language editions. As much as I love books, I love to read
nearly as much and with my Palm, I can take a number of "books" with me
anywhere.