Re: [BKARTS] Ten Minute Slipcase

I'm wondering......do collectors or buyers of limited edition books assume
that they'll come with a slip case?

Bobbi C.
http://www.bobbichukran.com

Switching hats to buyer of books, No. Personally, I'm not a big fan of slipcases (think faded spines), but I do love a clamshell box. And when a book is in a clamshell box, there is, I think, a general understanding that the book enclosed is something special, if only because such care has been taken in its presentation. This is not always the case, mind you.... Nonetheless, opening a box to get to the book inside lends a definite ceremonial quality to the event. Some boxes (those by Julie Chen's Flying Fish Press come to mind) are just as highly-crafted as the books they enclose.

As a maker of books, well, I've yet to box an edition. But that doesn't
mean I haven't thought about it.

John Cutrone
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection
Boca Raton, Florida