[BKARTS] Tiered pricing - opinions

I'm binding a limited edition (40) in collaboration with a
photographer. Each book will have 30 hand printed images tipped in. The
question of pricing is still somewhat open.

Geir (my collaborator) is used to tiered pricing for his photographic
editions (the price goes up in several steps as the edition sells out).
This is not a pricing strategy that I've ever heard discussed in
relation to books.

We will begin selling in the collector world that is already familiar
with his work and who are used to tiered pricing. I'm wondering if this
is a system that would play out if we expanded our market into to book
world. Is it ever done for books?

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx