[BKARTS] 9th Wexford Artists¹ Book Exhibition, Cornmarket, Wexford, Ireland.

March 2003

Dear Artists¹ Bookmaker,

Greetings and welcome back to our international brethern following our
Irish only exhibition in 2002.

We are writing to invite you to participate in the 9th Wexford Artists¹
Book Exhibition (International). The exhibition will take place at Wexford
Arts Centre in September / October 2003 possibly followed by a short, two
venue tour.

The 9th Wexford Artists¹ Book Exhibition (International) will be a superb
snapshot of current contemporary international artists¹ bookmaking. We
expect participation from 30 countries and will exhibit at least 280
artists¹ books. This exhibition is the artists¹ book highlight in the Irish
visual arts calendar.

All artists¹ bookmakers who participate are guaranteed to have their
submissions accepted and exhibited in the Wexford exhibition. In return we
ask that all the books can be handled by the public; this helps to ensure
that our exhibition remains extremely user friendly which is greatly
appreciated by all the visitors to the exhibition.  (In last year¹s
exhibition the total sales were in excess of E4,000 so it¹s proving to be
quite artist friendly as well!)

This year each artist may submit one book (unless the works are in a series
and then it will be by special arrangement) - we have to adopt this new
limit for two reasons - 1. The scale of the exhibition is such that our
gallery is beginning to burst at the seams and we wish to give each book
the best exposure; 2. Cut backs in Arts Council funding have impacted on
our service. We are putting a 1kg weight limit on any parcel submitted - if
you wish to submit a parcel heavier than this we have to ask you to supply
return postage for your book.

We will be producing a beautiful poster for the exhibition as well as an
E-catalogue which will be available on our website and on CD. We will send
you copies of this and other documentation when we are returning your books
so that you have a record of your participation in the exhibition.

Your thoughts, words and images are really important to us as these form
the basic material for all our promotion material so we invite you to
submit up to 60 words and / or 6 images (postcard sized images or jpegs -
no slides please as we will not be returning any of this material) that
express your current thinking on artists¹ books. Please submit this
material with your confirmation to exhibit.

We would like you to confirm that you will be participating in the 9th
Wexford Artists¹ Book Exhibition (International) by letter or by email by
31st May 2003. At that point we will send you further details about the
exhibition including the dates for the opening, date by which your books
have to arrive etc.

If at all possible we ask that you communicate with us by email as this is
the most efficient, eco-friendly and cost effective way to communicate.

The final thing we ask you to do is to spread the word of the exhibition to
other artists¹ bookmakers that you know who you feel would be a valuable
addition to our exhibition.

Looking forward to getting your confirmation and to seeing your words and
images.

Best wishes,

Denis Collins,Andi McGarry,
Wexford Arts CentreSun, Moon & Stars Press

Wexford Artists¹ Book Exhibition,
Wexford Arts Centre, Cornmarket, Wexford, Ireland.
Email: wexfordartscentre@xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: 00 353 53 23764