Re: [BKARTS] Pastepapers

What kind of color are you using and how thick is your paste?

I've had cracking occur when the paste / color mixture is too thick (in
texture and gloppy on the sheet), and then especially with tempera paints
which don't have the flexibility of acrylics. They paper may be part of it
as well. I generally make mine using an 80# text weight paper. Mohawk
Superfine and Permalife work well. I've also done it using asian  and other
handmade papers.

There is a good listing of pastepaper recipes in on the Book Arts Web under
"Decorated Papers." The direct URL is
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/bookarts/1995/11/msg00127.html>.

p.