[BKARTS] Page layout

I would like to print some small books on my desktop inkjet, and bind
them for my family. I am using Macintosh OS 10.2.4 and Adobe
Pagemaker 6.5. Is there a layout program, or a plug-in, that will
automatically assort the pages for printing on my folio sheets if I
tell it whether I choose to use 12-page signatures, or 16-page, or
whatever?
     Larry