Re: [BKARTS] copyright clearance

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Copyright Clearance Center:

http://www.copyright.com/

You can protect your own work, I gather, as well as obtain
permission/clearance to use others' work. It's what corporate
libraries (remember the Texaco case?) use to protect themselves.

We haven't used it, but we display some photos on our website
(as an educational institution) to which we do not own copyright.
When patrons/customers want to use these, we refer them to
the CCC for permissions.

A surprising number of people "in the biz" do not know about it,
most recently someone working on a project for the History Channel!

Susan Fatemi
Earthquake Engineering Library
National Information Service for Earthquake Engineering
University of California, Berkeley
1301 South 46th Street, RFS #453
Richmond, CA 94804-4698

Ph: (510) 231-9552