Re: [BKARTS] Canson Mi-Teinte

Hello. I'm writing from Venezuela. I'm a new book maker and as I'm
always looking for new things I asked some friends who are going to
New York next month to bring me some papers as we don't have a lot
of variety. Where in Manhattan could my friends buy me some papers
and books about Book Arts? I'd like to learn more types of bindings.
I hope I can go to New York and take some workshops once the dollar
situation gets normal here. Thanks...

>From: jodi hoover <HOOPTRON@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Canson Mi-Teinte
>Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:24:19 -0400
>

>I work at an art supply store.  I just went downstairs and checked
>our Canson papers.  The black does rub off very slightly but none of
>the other colors seem to.  Spraying it with an acrylic clear coat
>may help but because the paper is textured I think it will be very
>difficult to get an even coat.  Also, if you spray many coats it may
>develope a slight sheen.

Jodi