Re: [BKARTS] Japanese Book Cloth

I've heard that in instances like this, such as those which occur in
scroll mounting, a very fine, thin edge of starch paste is applied to
the raw edge to seal it.
Alternately, perhaps you could fold the edge over, but then pare down
that folded margin with a scalpel or skiving knife, so that doesn't
create extra bulk and a noticeable ridge.

Doug Sanders