From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jacqueline Sullivan
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 4:52 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Press Info

I have a Craftsman Platen Proof Press that I have loaned to a small
local museum for a printing exhibit. It is a cast iron press. It is my
understanding that this company started making presses in 1920 and that
this is probably an early press because it is cast iron.  The museum
wants  more information on the press and I known nothing!

The museum would also like me to describe and name the various parts of
the press and describe what they do.  I know a little but think I
actually saw a webstie at one time that described this.

Can someone point me in the right direction on the web to get some more
info about the press? I am no longer a member of the letterpress board,
but if someone wanted to forward this to that board I wouldn't object.

Thanks in advance,
Jacqueline