Re: [BKARTS] New York City trip

At 12:01 AM 04/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:
Going to be in New York City for a few days starting tomorrow. I'd love to
view some artist's books (in exhibition perhaps?) ....

If you're in Manhattan on Saturday, try to see the Walter Hamady/Perishable Press show at the Grolier Club (www.grolierclub.org) 47 East 60th Street, between Madison and Park Avenues. It is closing on Saturday at 5 PM and that's your last chance to see it. It's pretty darn big and very beautiful.

You might also visit the Center for Book Arts (www.centerforbookarts.org)
at 28 West 27th Street, 3d Floor, where there's currently an exhibit from
the Letterpress Showcase. I don't know if any classes will be in session.
Their hours are 10-6 (but better to arrive at 11 or later). They're closed
Sundays.

Finally, for other exhibits, there's the Met's (www.metmuseum.org)
exhibition on Spanish Painting in France that has some amazing works, but
it's crowded. And the Morgan Library (www.morganlibrary.org) will be
closing at the end of this month for the coming 3 years for a major renovation.

Enjoy!
Paul

Paul W. Romaine
romaine@xxxxxxxxxxxx