[BKARTS] TOC question

Hi everyone,

Slightly off-topic query here. I work for a major college textbook
publisher as an editorial production manager, and an interesting
situation has come up. Often, we move appendixes and references to a
book's companion web site, in order to not exceed our page counts.
In this particular instance, we have moved a substantial amount of
content from each chapter to the web site; the editor asked for
suggestions on how we might best direct the students to the web site
for this additional information. In addition to our regular practice
of a mention in the Preface and back cover, the service suggested we
list the URL in the TOC. This would be repeated for every chapter.
Has anyone seen this before? Any college students have an opinion on
this? Thanks!

Katy