[BKARTS] My last word on the subject (I promise).

I wish to urge anyone with a question regarding copyright law NOT to
rely on any statements made by Mr. Morehouse. He as a completely and
utterly flawed view of the current state of the law (whatever his
views regarding the propriety of those laws may be). Please, please
contact Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts if you can't afford an
attorney--they will try to put you in touch with a lawyer who will
work pro bono (i.e., without charge) to answer you questions.  I
would also encourage you to read Mazer v. Stein, it is one of the
most cited Supreme Court cases in all of copyright law (not just
about lamps) and while written by Justice Reed, you can see the hand
of Felix Frankfurter, one of this country's greatest jurists.  It is
available at
http://www.law.cornell.edu/copyright/cases/347_US_201.htm. It will
provide some insight into the "Law" (which by the way should not be
capitalized) on copyright.

I would also like to add that groups like Creative Commons do NOT
grant licenses.  You either claim copyright in a work you have
authored or you don't.  There are groups that encourage free sharing
by means of such "licenses" but they are not legal licenses--they
may be a way of disclaiming copyright, but you may do so just as
easily do so by stating so in your work.

Finally, to Mr. Morehouse:  Perhaps if you had an original creative
idea you would not have to keep raiding the ideas of "certain large
media firms" for content. How's that for dancing, you twit.

Regards,

Jeffrey Loop