Re: [BKARTS] green horn - Equipment needed

If you're just starting out and haven't done any binding before, I would
suggest a book like "Books, Boxes, and Portfolios" by Franz Zeier. It does
a very good job of explaining basic traditional binding without the need
for a lot of specialized heavy equipment, such as a vertical plough, sewing
frame, and standing press. The diagrams are also very clear.
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0830634835/qid=1051492110/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-7607823-9756058>

In terms of handtools, you want a "bone" folder (at least one, and I prefer
my teflon), good scissors, a large and small snap-off blade knife (and lots
of spare blades), a good sized cutting mat, needles. That should get you
started.

What kind of book work have you done already? What is it you would like to
learn how to do?

Peter