Re: [BKARTS] Alcohol-was leather dressing

In a message dated 4/30/03 2:33:36 PM, paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I just started using an alternative to spirit duplicating fluid, which is

basically denatured alcohol, called DupliSafe. It's made by Repeat-o-type in

NJ and is described as a, "hazard free, non-flammable, non-toxic and

odorless liquid designed to replace the old style fluids". >>

I have emailed the company about DupliSafe. Following is the reply from Fred
Keen:
<< Thank you for your interest in our Duplisafe product.
This product was specifically developed for use as a safe alternative to
straight methanol and denatured ethyl alcohol type spirit duplicating
fluids. Since it does not contain alcohol of any type it would not be
useful as a cleaning fluid for general use in a shop. The main ingredient
of Duplisafe is propylene glycol. >>

Looks like a dead-end there.

Bill Minter
Woodbury, PA