Re: [BKARTS] Silver and Leather?

Dear Katie,

You should not have a problem if you use a good quality vegetable tanned
leather, especially if it is natural, i.e undyed and unfinished (, as some
dyes may be very acidic).  Avoid Chrome tanned leathers, such as those used
for upholstery and clothing.

We have a customer who often sews genuine silver thread into leather.  Their
only stipulation when ordering is that there must be no chrome in the
leather.

I hope that this is of some help.

best wishes,

David