[BKARTS] Pre-Selling Books

What you need to be to pre-sell books is a salesman. It is about marketing
a product to the right niche. I have just witnessed a businessman I know,
bored with his recent retirement, market an idea for a book to a chain of
stores in the mid-west, I think, for Mother's Day. He has never written a
book, is not a scholar, has no background in publishing, but he was able
to pre-sell 50,000 copies of his coffee table tome with nothing more than
his personal pitch to corporate headquarters. He ended up publishing the
book himself. This was an amazing story to me.

Linda

Linda M. Wilson, Library Director, Greenwich Academy, 200 N. Maple AV,
Greenwich, CT 06830 203.552.4403
linda_wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://mail.greenwichacademy.org/~linda_wilson/libhome.html