Re: [BKARTS] Public Sculpture/ lists, etc.

Robert Specker wrote:

 > I am a member of the City of Los Altos, California, "Public Sculpture
 > Committee."  The Committee administers the City's rotating loan program
 > of public sculptures.  We are in the process of reinvigorating the
 > program and soliciting new works.  Are any of you aware of a similar
 > e-mail list to this one for sculpture?  I'm looking for a way to reach a
 > broad community of sculptors.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Rob Specker

Robert - here are some websites, calendars, etc.

From: Randy Jewart <rjcj@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ISC Sculpture Calendar <isc-sculpture-calendar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Randy Jewart
<rjcj@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ISC Sculpture Calendar 5/15/2003
Sender: Isc-sculpture-calendar-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<mailto:Isc-sculpture-calendar-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscr ibe>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:10:12 -0500

International Sculpture Center
Sculpture Calendar
May 15, 2003

Vlavianos at Kouros Gallery, New York

The Greek sculptor Nicolas Vlavianos will open a solo exhibition at the New York Kouros Gallery on May 15. He was a member of the ISC Board of Directors from 1997 to 2000 and nowadays lives in Brazil.
<http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=326>ht tp://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=326

Lehman at Feigen Contemporary, New York

Wendy Lehman will exhibit several drawings in "On Line," a show emphasizing line and the process of drawing. The show is co-curated by Rob Storr, George Negroponet and Charlie Finch.
<http://WWW.FEIGENCONTEMPORY.COM>WWW.FEIGENCONTEMPORY.COM

May 29 through August 9
The show opens Thursday, May 29 from 6 to 9pm at Feigen Contemporary.
535 WEST 20 STREET  212 929 0500

Wendy's Portfolio page is:
<http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc.woa/wa/DisplaySculpt or?sculptorId=1000412>http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc. woa/wa/DisplaySculptor?sculptorId=1000412

Young Commission for Marriott, Gaithersburg, Maryland

Larry Young's Synergy is in the process of being enlarged to 20'X11'x11'. It will be cast in bronze through the lost wax process and if all goes well, installed in front of The Marriott International Headquarters in Gaithersburg Maryland sometime in 2004. <http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327>htt p://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=327

Larry's Portfolio page is:
<http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc.woa/wa/DisplaySculpt or?sculptorId=1000444>http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc. woa/wa/DisplaySculptor?sculptorId=1000444

Bullock at Westcott Bay Sculpture Park, Washington State

Opening May 24, 2003 five of Benbow Bullock's painted or coated steel sculptures can be seen in this new 40 acre sculpture park in the beautiful San Juan Islands northwest of Seattle. Easily accessible by ferry or seaplane from Seattle, Anacortes or Bellingham. <<http://www.wbay.org>www.wbay.org>

Benbow's Portfolio page is:
<http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc.woa/wa/DisplaySculpt or?sculptorId=1000066>http://www.sculpture.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/isc. woa/wa/DisplaySculptor?sculptorId=1000066

Inside the ISC

ISC Board Member, Bryan Ohno, will be part of an upcoming panel discussion at the Microsoft Conference Center which might be of interest to the Pacific Northwest ISC members. This will be held on May 28, 2003 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. The panelists are Jon Shirley, collector; Matthew Kangas, Art Critic; Roy McMaken, artist; and Mark Anderson, Owner of Walla Walla Foundry; a representative from Sotheby's. More info at the link below.
<http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328>ht tp://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328

Larry Schessel at Tennessee Art League
<http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324>ht tp://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=324

Sculpture Circle members click REPLY to submit sculpture news.

Sculpture Circle is upper level membership in ISC ($350 per year and above). To upgrade your membership and share news with 5,000 Sculpture Calendar subscribers, contact Sarah at <mailto:sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx><sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> or call 609 689 1051x111. Anyone can post info on the ISC Sculpture Community <<http://www.sculpture.net/community>www.sculpture.net/community> in the Sculpture Calendar section and get their link posted here.